FBT Film RecapPosted on April 21st, 2016 by Leonard Alsfeld
FBT Film and Entertainment has long been a popular choice for major Hollywood studios and independent producers alike. So far, 2016 proves to be no different. Our partnership with the trusted bank, First Bank and Trust, gives producers the unique advantage of financial security along with the benefits of various film production support services. Our extensive experience and longstanding contacts in the entertainment industry have helped us bring productions to the State of Louisiana for more than 10 years.
Here is a snapshot of just a few projects
FBT Film & Entertainment has been involved in a few noteworthy big screen & television productions over the past few years
- The Free World – An intense and twisted love story released in early 2016 that explores the deeper implications of a wrongful conviction.
- The Free State of Jones – Matthew McConaughey depicts a defiant Southern farmer that rebels against the confederate army. It is scheduled to release in June 2016 and is anticipated to make waves this year.
- Elvis & Nixon – This film draws upon a factual and controversial event during the Elvis and Nixon era, promising to make this film a sensational release for 2016.
- Showing Roots –A story set in 1977 explores the racial divide as two young women forge an unlikely friendship, making this 2016 release a notable message as well as an entertaining film.
- Daddy’s Home – This American comedy was released in 2015 and filmed in Louisiana with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as the leading stars.
- The Big Short – The 2015 film documents the 2007 financial crisis in the U.S. with notable actors throughout. The film grossed more than $123 million, earning five nominations at the Academy Awards and a win.
- 22 Jump Street – This film was released in 2014 and was an incredibly popular sequel to the original film, 21 Jump Street, which was also filmed here. It earned over $331 million at the box office. These movies have provided a great economic boost to the local economy.
- 2 Guns – An action-packed comedy starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg that debuted in 2013.
- Student Bodies – A comedic spoof on quintessential high school drama was released in 2015 and has gained a cult-like following ever since.
- I Saw the Light – This 2016 film documents the life of Hank Williams and is expected to be received with rave reviews.
- Flip My Food – This television show puts a healthy twist on traditional dishes. It first aired in 2014 and continues to air presently.
- NCIS: New Orleans – This series proves to be one of the most popular shows on television year after year and has made its way to New Orleans for another hit series.
- Scream Queens – This part comedy, part thriller takes the quintessential teenage drama and turns it into a horror story, one episode at a time.
- Ax Men Season 7 – The reality show follows a group of loggers in Louisiana, revealing the crude life of the logging industry.
- River Men – Another reality show that follows the lives of a group of people that make their living on the rivers of Louisiana.
- Star-Crossed – A romance between a human girl and an alien boy is currently in its second season on CBS.
- Sports and Lifestyle TV – This show has come to Louisiana and is highlighting the sporting lifestyle in the South.
About FBT Film
Who we are – FBT Film and Entertainment provides production support services to the film industry with the unique advantage of being a bank affiliate of First Bank and Trust. We buy and sell tax credits, advise on tax credit matters, assist with the tax credit application process and offer support services and industry leading contacts to production companies big and small.
What we do
- Production support – FBT has advisors available to assist production companies with all things bank related, including payroll and accounting, insurance, tax credits and financing. In addition to this, we also help with filming logistics, such as equipment rentals, transportation, post-production facilities and more.
- State tax credits – FBT Film & Entertainment works to maximize profitability by guiding you through Louisiana’s State Film Tax Credit program, including monetizing the credits.
- Live entertainment credits – Louisiana is the nation’s first to offer tax credits to live entertainment productions, making our state an industry leader in tax incentive programs. Whether you are launching a national concert tour here, or preparing a Broadway show to be performed in Louisiana, we can help walk you through the process.
- Commercial tax credits – Louisiana’s film tax credit program also applies to commercial productions, which we provide assistance for in the same capacity as film and live entertainment.
FBT Film & Entertainment is proud of Louisiana’s booming film industry and we are here to help you take advantage of all the local resources we have to offer. Contact us today and we can walk you through the tax credit process, ensure that you meet all the requirements, connect you with the leading local vendors, and help you with your location and production needs!