Get a 3% Cash Rebate for Filming in Jefferson Parish
While many people think of New Orleans as the primary hotspot for the Louisiana film industry, other areas of the state are just as important to our local film market and provide everything from great locations to film, production and soundstage support.
In fact, many industry insiders are not aware that film producers can earn a 3% cash rebate on qualified expenses just for filming in Jefferson Parish.
Here’s how it works:
- The 3 percent rebate is valid on goods, services and labor paid to a business within a Jefferson Parish zip code.
- Labor requires that the individual have lived in Jefferson Parish for at least the six months immediately prior and during the project.
- The minimum local spend is $150k
- Caps start at $100K per project, but can float upwards with an additional $10K and/or $15K.
- $100,000 per-project cap for new productions
- $115,000 per-project cap for subsequent productions within 12 months of previous project completion
- $10,000 cap increase if both production office and soundstage are in Jefferson Parish
- The main Louisiana soundstage or production office must be in Jefferson Parish.
Each project must submit a preliminary application and file an audit that provides the details of their qualified spend within Jefferson Parish. We at FBT Film & Entertainment are here to answer any questions you may have about this great program, and can also help you with the required application and audit.