March 27, 2014 – Spring Incentives Panel
The Incentives Office at Ease email@example.com
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM PDT
The Landmark Theatre 10850 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064
The Official Spring 2014 Guide to U.S. Production Incentives will be unveiled at this event
8:00am – Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking
9:00am – 10:20am “2014 and More!” – Moderator, Russ Nissen, Incentives Office at Ease
The best tax credit locations are constantly changing. To help you chose where to film, key
State commissioners discuss their latest incentives programs with you;
• Lee Thomas, Director, Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office – GA offers 30% transferable tax credits for ATL and BTL (no caps), with a 6% withholding tax on loan- outs.
• Eric Preiss, Director Nevada Film Office – NV’s new incentive offers 15% tax credits on spend and local labor, 12% on non-resident labor. Per hire cap of $750K. Plus 2% uplift for crew when over 50% of locals are used.
• Aaron Syrett, Director, North Carolina Film Office – NC offers 25% refundable tax credits on ATL and BTL (capped at $1M per hire). $20M project cap.
• Ward Emling, Commissioner, Mississippi Film Office – MS offers 25-30% tax credits in the form of a rebate. $5M per hire cap payable after audit.
• Bruce Deichl, Tax Credits, LLC – Tax Credit placement specialists, based in New Jersey.
10:20am – 10:40am – Break
10:40am – Noon “Money Changes everything” – Moderator, Dama Claire, Incentives Office at Ease
Financing films is never easy. To help find and close on money faster, some top Production lenders and advisors break it down for you;
• Lenny Alsfeld, President, FBT Investments – A Louisiana boutique firm that provides productions the most complete service – from banking, brokering of credits, completion bonding and credit lending.
• Rob Mitchell, CFO Bold Films – Rob has steered production financing on a variety of independent films including “Legion”, “Drive, “Nightcrawler” and “How to Catch a Monster”.
• Schuyler Moore, Stroock Stroock & Lavan, LLP – Sky is a noted author, partner and one of the most savvy film / tax attorneys in the business. Plus an expert on Sec. 181.
• Clint Mock, CPA – Clint is one of the top CPA’s in Louisiana, and can also provide audits of other states like Georgia and North Carolina. Getting a good CPA on board early will save you money.